domingo, 1 de septiembre de 2013

REGGAE


REGGAE



Musical genre of Jamaican origin. The term "reggae" is often used to refer to Jamaican music (Ska, Rocksteady, Dub). The word "reggae" is derived from ragga that, in turn, is an abbreviation of raggamuffin, which was a label used to name the natives Jamaicans, the Rastas and cultural movements of the poor. Reggae is based on a rhythmic style characterized by regular courts over background music played by the rhythmic drums, known as "Beat".
The salient points of this genre are social, political and religious. The first appearance of reggae music is attributed to the song "Fat Man" by Derrick Morgan, and outstanding performers are: Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Steel Pulse, Bunny Wailer, Black Uhuru, Lucky Dube and Eddy Grant .



3 comentarios:

  1. In this blog there is good information, I knew things that I did not know that all the classical music,Is very complete explanation of each musical genre.
    I like to see found on this blog the musical genre than most I like is the reggae.

    Thanks for the information

    ResponderEliminar
  2. in this blog i found important information of many kind of music and this is precisely what i needed for my school project.

    also, is defined very well every genre, with characteristic data, their origin and their exponents...

    good blog!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Very good comments. Excellent blog, congratulations to you. (Ana, Manu and Valen).

    ResponderEliminar